Saturday 25 November 2017

It's Time to Fly

 Good Morning everyone,

Well, today's the day. My suitcase is full, and I hope I haven't forgotten anything. My bag just scrapes under the domestic limit of 23kg. I'm leaving Townsville on a beautiful Spring day, blue skies, and the temperature is about 25 degrees. This afternoon, I'm going to get to the airport around 3pm, for my flight that leaves at 4.45. It's the start of a marathon 32 hours in transit, before I reach Randers, Denmark, where I'm staying.
Once I get to Brisbane, I do a mad dash to the international terminal, and meet up with the other SISEP Scouts from Queensland, my companions on this journey.
The prospect of travelling so far is a bit terrifying, but I am very excited, although, going from about 13 hours of sunlight every day, to 8 or less, is going to be one hell of a shock.
I'm really excited to see Denmark, and see Kristjan again, and meet his family.
I think my favourite part of being in Denmark will be to experience a Danish Christmas, and see how it differs from Australian celebrations.
I will have to teach them about boxing day though.

I'll write again once I arrive, and recover from the inevitable jetlag.

Talk to you in a few days,

Jack

Here's some photos of my house, and my packing.





 There we go...Some photos before I fly. Next time, I'll have photos of the flights, and the 4 hour train trip to get to Randers.

Goodbye and farewell.

No comments:

Post a Comment