Tuesday 28 November 2017

Travel. A Lot.


Well, I made it. It was painful and tiring, but I made it.
I left Townsville late, which made for an interesting connection in Brisbane. My plane landed at Brisbane domestic 40 minutes late, and the bus to the international terminal was late as well. Once I eventually got there, we had to run!
We got through customs, with 3 of us done for extra tests, as always, when you're in a hurry. We were walking through the shops when the final call went over the intercoms. We had to run, all the way to the other end of the terminal, and only just made it!
Once we sat down, with me by myself because I checked in separately, we settled in for a really long flight-14 hours, 35 minutes. The food was okay, edible, but not nice, and the seats were cramped and uncomfortable. However, in-flight entertainment is your friend! I watch the 2nd Guardians of the Galaxy, and a few other things, before I dozed off over WA, and woke up just before the equator, then drifted between asleep and awake until India. Once we landed in Dubai, we had to go through security, which was thankfully quick, and walk to the gate, which was-thank goodness-in the same part of the terminal. We just had to wait for the rest of the contingent. After resting for a while, we jumped on the next plane, flew around the Middle East, not over it, and eventually landed in Copenhagen, after 7 hours flying from Dubai. It was still Monday the 27th-and it had been for over 24 hours. Unfortunately, I had to take a 4 hour train to the other side of Denmark to get to Kristjan. It was nice, but it got dark really early, which I'm not used to. I got to Randers around 7pm, went to Kristjan's house, had food, and slept off the jetlag. I'm at school right now, and I'll do another blog entry in a few days.

Jack Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment