Monday 15 January 2018

London, Les Mis, and Travel

So, I'm writing this from hot, humid North Queensland. Home at last.
Now, let's go back in time, and talk about the rest of my time in London. On Wednesday, we went to the Harry Potter studio tour, which was incredible. They've converted the two soundstages where they did most of the filming into an attraction, but left most of the sets and props where they were. I loved it, but I didn't love the 41 pounds to get in.
After Harry Potter world, we were all exhausted, and went back to BP House for a rest. We didn't do much else that day.
Thursday was, in my opinion, the best day I had in London. First, Felix and I caught the tube into the centre, to get on a heritage bus back to Trafalgar Square. Then, we got the tube north to the British Museum. It was absolutely amazing. I don't have words. I think it's because I've read about, studied, and done assignments on things like the Rosetta Stone, and there it was, right in front of me. I was blown away.
We spent many hours at the museum, and then left to go back to BP House so I could get changed into nice clothes for Les Mis. I got there about half an hour before the show, then the three of us who went got settled in. It was incredible. I've wanted to see it for a long time, and I finally have. I loved it. The mark of a good show is how emotional you get while watching it. I cried roughly six times. And it must be good, it is still selling out 30-something years after the first show.
Now, Friday.
That morning, we managed to fit 10 of us in a phone box. After that bit of fun, me and Felix went to the Victoria and Albert museum, then the Natural History museum. They were both really interesting. That afternoon, we had a very nice high tea at a posh cafe, before going to Heathrow to leave.
The flights were long, and our goodbyes to the other state groups were rushed in Dubai, because we had to get from terminal A to terminal C.
Eventually, after far too long on planes, I was home. The humidity nearly killed me.
I'm not too badly jet lagged, but I am still recovering.
Reflecting on the trip, it was amazing, and it taught me a lot, but I am very glad to be home.
This will not be my last blog post, as I still need to organise photos.

Jack R

No comments:

Post a Comment