Saturday 9 December 2017

Christmas Central

Hello and welcome,

Yesterday afternoon, after school, Kristjan and I went into town. There are Christmas decorations everywhere, the shops, the streets. It is amazing. I bought some souvenirs, and we wandered the town. At one point, we ran into a children's marching band. They were walking the streets and going into shops, playing music. We followed them for a while, and I even got videos. I bought a CD of their work (all Christmas carols). This town is older than Australia, and I got lots of great photos of the architecture. Even the cobblestones on the road (which I hate walking/bike riding on. Cobblestones are evil), are older than Australia.
Today, we had the first of four Christmas gatherings, lunch with Marlene's sister, her husband, and her 2 children. The food (roast pork) was great, and the company was too. We made meat pies, which turned out really well, and Marlene's sister, who lived in Australia years ago, loved them. We didn't even bother with dinner, we are all so full.
In other news, it's still cold, and, IT IS SNOWING, I REPEAT, SNOWING. I HAVE SEEN SNOW. I haven't got photos yet, cause it's night, but I'll see what I can do in the next few days.
I think that's all for now, I'll do the photos all at once tomorrow, cause we're going to a museum of Danish history.

Jack R

No comments:

Post a Comment