Tuesday 19 December 2017

More Scouts

So, last night, we had Scouts for the last time. It was a great Christmas dinner. So, we got there, ate, and there were a few games. One of them was to get all the washing up done. Two people sitting next to each other rolled 2 dice, and if they got two fives, or sixes, they had to stand up, yell 'we failed,' and do the washing up. It was more fun than just making one patrol or group (of venturers) do it. Australia take note.
After that, we had the dessert, rice pudding with cherry sauce, as always, and the game was, if you had a whole almond in your food, you won.
After that, I had to bolt home to Kristjan's place to get the Aussie flag for the group, that I forgot to bring with me at first.
I made them do an Aussie scout parade at the end, and I had a great yap with the leaders, who are rover age. The Danish have a great program for youth leaders, there's even specific courses you can do. Also, Danish scouts has next to no paperwork (National, PLEASE take note). They just change the rules to make it harder to do an activity if something goes wrong.

Now for school.
It has been pretty uneventful, but today, I am being forced to eat Danish food by the English class I've been teaching. Just remembered, I forgot the Vegemite, and my Aussie slang dictionary. Ah well, I can improvise.
I biked back home quicly to get them, so the problem is solved.

Well, school's over, and I didn't die of Danish food. I had a great time with the class, and I will miss them.

There's not much more for me to say, other than that I'm having a great time, and I'm really excited for a Danish Christmas.

I'll blog again at the end of the week, with some photos (hopefully). Also, I've given up on my computer.
Lots of love to all my friends and family.

Jack R

No comments:

Post a Comment