Monday 4 December 2017

Hello Again


Well, I'm back, and not feeling as sick as I was. Just to be sure, I have the day off school to get better.
Right, so, Copenhagen.
It was really interesting. Everywhere I looked, there was something older than Australia, which for me, a history lover, was great. We saw the Queen's palace, the Marble Church (called that cause it's made out of marble, so creative), and just wandered the streets for a while. I took lots of photos. On Sunday morning, we left the hostel where we were staying, walked to the metro in the rain (which didn't help my sickness), and rode the trains for about an hour to waste time. I got to see a lot of the outer city.
After that, we went back into town, and walked to the beautiful old railway station, where I had my first taste of Danish pastries, which was AMAZING! The train ride back seemed really long, but it was only 4 hours, and, when we stopped in Randers, we still had to ride to Kristjan's place. I had food, had a shower, then collapsed, after some Panadol to stop my fever. I did NOT sleep well, and when I woke up, everyone was already gone, so I've just been relaxing at home.
Today (Tuesday), I'm still sick (I swear it's getting worse), still resting at home, and I'm going to the doctor tomorrow when Ivan's back, and we have the car.
Aside from that, here's some things I've noticed:
  • Everything is really well organised
  • There are dedicated bike lanes next to the footpath on all the main roads, at a different level to the road
  • There are bikes everywhere
  • Again, everything is really quiet, even in the house when everyone's home
  • And finally, the Copenhagen metro. It has two lines, with driverless trains. They're building a third line, which is going to take them about a year and a half. Very efficient. In contrast, something like this in Australia would take 5 years of concept studies, a government white paper, 5 years of politicians arguing about who will pay for it, 5 years to build it, then, finally, 5 years of politicians arguing about why it took too long to build, and why it went horrendously over budget. The Danish are really very efficient.

That's about all I have to say for now. I'll be back in a few days, hopefully not sick, and I'll have some photos of Randers, and some souvenirs (hopefully).

Jack Roberts

Photo Dump:
Sunset

Even more sunset (at Kristjan's)

The house is very Christmassy

On the way home


Copenhagen Central Station Christmas Tree

Copenhagen Central Station

On the Metro

The Marble Church

Marble Church again

The Queen's Place

The Queen is somewhere in this building

The outside of the Marble Church

One of the other Palaces

Nice Architecture

A lake

The lake again

Copenhagen Station

Some random tower

Town Hall Clock

No comments:

Post a Comment