Sunday 17 December 2017

My Weekend

Hello all,

So, here we are again, and it's nearly Christmas. Yesterday, we drove to a prison that is now a museum. It was still a prison until 2006, but the old part (built 1853) really reminded me of Old Melbourne Gaol. They had stories of some of the prisoners, that we followed around the prison.
It was really cold, the central heating was built as bad to annoy the prisoners.

At school on Friday, I taught some more English, we talked about national stereotypes. It says something about Australia when most of them are partly true.

So, today, we relaxed for the morning, and then drove to Aarhus to see a historic town/museum. They have buildings and artefacts dating back to the 1500s, up to the 1970s. Walking inside those buildings was really like walking into the era they were from, especially the 70s building. There was teak panelling everywhere.
They had a shop where I did buy presents, then, lo and behold, there was a band playing Christmas carols. It was great.

Afterwards, we drove home, and I've been relaxing. I managed to get some photos on my phone, including proof of the separated bike lanes, which I love.

Anyway, there's not much going on at the moment, I'm waiting for dinner.
Although I've been mostly too busy to notice it, I am missing home. Aside from family and friends, which is the hardest part, I really miss my violin.
It's also the little things, like the white noise of Australia-the wildlife, and the constant sounds of dad's guitar in the background.

All in all, I do miss home, but I'm too busy to notice it, which is great.
I think that's all for now, I'll update on Wednesday about school.

Jack R

P.S. I can't upload all the photos from my phone onto the blog from the app I'm using, so I'll take a chance with my computer tomorrow afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment